Somehow I didn’t get my first passport until 23 May 2008. It then took me until July of 2010 to actually put it to use with a trip to Spain and Morocco with my friend Shelby. I’m heading off on my trip 24 May, almost exactly three years from when I was first issued the ability to explore the unfamiliar and exciting.
My current stamps:
- Malaga (Spain) 03 July 2010 (entrance)
- Algeciras (Spain) 05 July 2010 (exit)
- Tangier (Morocco) 05 July 2010 (entrance)
- Casablanca (Morocco) 10 July 2010 (exit)
- New York (United States) 10 July 2010 (entrance)
- Dorval (Canada) 02 October 2010 (entrance)
- Quintana Roo (Mexico) 20 March 2011 (entrance)
Previous to 1 January 2008, US citizens were not required to carry a passport when traveling to Canada or Mexico. I went to Mexico twice previous to this date: once to Tijuana in 2002 (for approximately 30 minutes!) and once to Cozumel in 2003 on a cruise my company produced.
I also visited Canada this past December on my roadtrip but did not receive stamps entering or leaving Canada. I need to start asking for them! I hope to fill my passport up before I return home!